Friday, January 20, 2017

Day 20 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 30 - A Blue Grid for a Grey Day (working title for a work in progress)
15" x 15" acrylic, ink and crayon d' ache on Arches 140 HP paper

This started with Blue, White and Black and ended with Blue, White and Black. Texture and marks were added at both the under painting and finishing stage, using palette knife and kitchen skewer. The colors were mixed to create both transparent and opaque colors for the second stage. At the end, I went a little crazy making lines with the Caran d" Ache water soluble crayons, but I know I can wipe them off very easily if I decide to.
 

2 comments:

  1. There is something about grids that is so appealing.

    Love the colors here and love your working title.

    Love your 'crazy making' of lines and marks with water soluble crayons. To me they feel significant to the energy of this piece.

    This piece just makes me want to mosey into your studio space and paint side by side with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment makes me take a second look and see things I did not see before and maybe even appreciate the piece a bit more.
    Yes, wouldn't it be fun to paint together!

    ReplyDelete