Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Day 17 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 17 - Grid with Gold
30" x 22" - Acrylic on Arches 140 lb hot press paper
 Another grid painting, this one is much larger. I enjoyed creating textures, scribbling, and scraping. I started this with not much Quinacridone Gold left in the tube. It was a little nerve wracking wondering if I would have enough to finish the painting. The transparent quality of Q. Gold provided a nice contrast to the opacity of the White, Black and Grey.

4 comments:

  1. Karolyn, love this piece. I feel as though I'm walking into a house that's a home—it has good bones and a bunch of internal structure and organization, but it's lived in. It has stuff on the dining room table, an unmade bed or two, keys tossed on the counter. It's warm and welcoming, and it can be tidied in an instant if need be.

    I subscribed to your blog a number of days ago but I haven't been receiving posts in my email. Not sure why not. I tried subscribing today, thinking maybe I was misremembering having previously subscribed but a message popped up saying I was already subscribed. I'll give it a few more days and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at my stats page and you are not listed. Another "follower" is not listed either.
      Any idea what could be wrong?

      Delete
  2. I love your comment!
    And, thank you for subscribing to my blog.
    I have to admit I am a novice at blogging and having trouble keeping up with comments. Seems my way is very cumbersome and time consuming. Perhaps I am just overwhelmed with the 30/30. If you think there is something I can do at my end to make sure you get the posts via email, please let me know. I don't know if checking spam or junk mail would help. I will poke around and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete