Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Day 18 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 18 - No title yet
8" x 8" - Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas

 I consider this a work in progress. I'm not sure where all the static, spark, flame things are coming from this month. I am more fond of my palette knife and grid paintings at this point. 
But I am painting almost every day and as the "rules" state, the objective is not produce a gallery worthy painting every day. Experimentation, learning new techniques and having fun is my goal!
Black, White and Grey acrylic over a Blue, Yellow, and Green under painting. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm walking on Knollwood Beach. I am maybe 7. It's evening and I'm with my grandfather. A bit of milkweed fluff carried on a breeze is illuminated by the headlights of a car's passing by on the beach road behind us. My world becomes the wonder of that bright fluff, better than fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an awesome comment! You must be a professional writer. You certainly have an amazing imagination; or are you actually recalling a real event?

      Delete
    2. Nope, not a professional writer. But someone who has loved words and their everyday poetry for as long as I can remember. The word picture I painted above comes from the same place as my art, and probably yours, which is to say—who knows where?

      Thank you for YOUR kind words!

      I meant to say when I wrote this morning that I love hearing about the colors in your underpainting. Fascinating to me. I want to do some black-white-gray over colors soon.

      Delete
    3. I find the stark whiteness of paper or canvas rather daunting. So I start with no plan; let it dry and then move on.

      Delete