Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Day 10 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 10 - No title yet.
Acrylic on 8" x 8" gallery wrapped canvas.
This painting started out blue and yellow and went to green and blue with white. I liked the texture that had been created but nothing else was working! I decided to start with a clean slate and coated the entire canvas with Raw Umber (the first time I have ever used this color!). While the paint was wet I scraped into it with the handle of my brush. I went on to add some lighter values to the top part and some darker values to the bottom part. After that, I added some Off White for contrast and interest and decided to stop. I'm not sure if it is finished or not; right now I like it.

5 comments:

  1. Karolyn, I like this composition with its textures, movement, monochromatic energy, bare whispers of color, range of values, and contrasting darkest and lightest values. I'm mesmerized hearing the back story of its creation—totally love hearing all the steps in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about this one, but I think I like it better after reading your comment. :)

      Delete